What are gas struts?
A gas strut is a sealed cylinder that is used to enhance the performance of anything that involves the lifting, lowering or positioning of moving parts.
- improve the safety in using heavy objects
- reduce wear & tear
- control the speed of movement
- dampen the end motion during movement.
A gas strut is made up of a number of components: a rod, chamber, piston, seals and end fittings. The chamber of the strut contains pressurised gas and a small amount of oil.
Output forces of a gas strut can be factory set OR gassed by Strut Innovations to suit your specifications. Gassing a strut to suit your individual specifications will ensure that you obtain the optimum working force from the strut.
The benefits of gas struts
- Improve the performance of moving parts in heavy objects
- Enhance safety, convenience and control of opening/ closing speeds
- Compact design, clean, self-contained
- Practical and cost-effective solution for reducing wear and tear
- Quality assurance and warranty
Our struts are:
- Crafted with the highest quality materials and methods
- Manufactured to ISO/ TS16949 standards
- Carry a 2 year warranty
- Are designed to last the lifetime of most products
- Help to satisfy the Occupational Health & Safety requirements across various industries in Australia.
Contact Strut Innovations to discuss or order from our range of gas struts – 316 stainless steel or standard gas struts, chair struts, locking struts, actuators, end fittings, brackets and mounting hardware. Car, Boat/ Marine, Camper Trailer, Caravan, Kitchen, Household, Industrial, Commercial. Call 0418 690 635 or email email@example.com
What our clients say
My workshop has been using Craig for years for regassing and installing new struts on a range of prestige vehicles. Craig takes the hassle and guess work out of us chasing up different types and sizes of struts for our customers. He also reconditions and regasses original struts wherever possible. We always get fast service from Craig, usually same day.
Gabriel, Managing Director, Gabriel Motors, Rozelle
- Strut regassing for prestige cars
Strut Innovations installed a heavy duty stainless steel strut on the guard of a dough mixer in our bakery. The machine is much easier to operate now and meets OH&S requirements. We got same day service and quality workmanship. We would not hesitate to recommend Craig.
– Jason and Robyn, Proprietors, Coniston Bakery
- Struts for dough mixer
I love the storage boxes and toy boxes around the pool decking in our new house. Easy to lift lids that protect little fingers. Thank you Craig!
– Sara, Randwick
- Storage boxes
The tailgate struts on my SUV failed 4 years after I bought it. After looking into the cost charged by the car manufacturer to order new struts I had my existing struts regassed by Strut Innovations. I was actually given the choice of regassing or getting brand new struts installed by Strut Innovations and either option worked out to be a lot cheaper and quicker than what the car manufacturer quoted. Strut Innovations came to my house after business hours and regassed the struts while I waited.
– Di, North Ryde
- Tailgate struts
We love camping but started finding it a real chore to set up our heavy 8 year old camper trailer. Craig from Strut Innovations came to us and regassed the four original struts in the trailer on the spot. It was quick and cheap. Now even my wife can lift the trailer hood with one hand.
We got Craig to come back before Christmas to install a couple of new struts on top of the trailer. It meant that I could lift my tinny on and off the trailer without asking for a hand every time I wanted to go fishing. Thanks Craig.
– Ian and Julie, Breakfast Point
- We love our camper trailer but ….